In Windows OS, if you cannot access or modify GPT disk, you can convert a GPT disk to MBR by DiskPart. But doing so will remove all data and partition structures in the disk.
First Confirm that the Drive is detected and visible in Device Manger and Disk Management.
1. Open Command Prompt as an Administrator (click Start–> Run, type in “cmd” in textbox, and hit “OK”)
2. Enter “DiskPart” and hit enter.
Now the Dos prompt will change to “DISKPART>”
3. Enter “list disk” and hit enter.
This will list all disks attached to the machine. Cross check with the size and name of the disk.
4. Select the desired disk using the “select” command. This will fix the focus to the specified disk.
For example “select disk 0″.
5. Now erase the entire drive using the “clean” command.
Warning: This command will erase all data on the selected disk, backup your data first.
6. Enter Exit and close command-prompt.
7. Open Disk management. (click Start–> Control Panel–> Administrative Tools –>Computer Management–>Disk Management)
8. Right-Click on the drive and click Initialise Drive.
9. Now you can format the drive as you desrve. Right-Click and select format.
Incoming search terms:
- gpt partition for imac
- gpt protective partition mac
- windows 8 disk management gpt protective partition