If, you get a message like this: “Please enter a valid credit card verification number.” every time you enable “CVV check” in your payment gateway, and you are sure that your payment module settings are correct and your card details are valid then, its most likely that the message is not coming from your payment module.
Instead it could be that the control is not reaching the payment module at all and the message is coming from this Magento file:
app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Model/Method/Cc.php line #150, validate credit card verification number section.
Why is this happening? Does this error occur for ‘Saved CC’ payment method too (it is the default card payment method got with Magento)?
Well, one reason that I found is – custom checkout module. Are you using any custom checkout module? If yes, then disable it and try the normal Magento one page checkout. The chances are all will work fine. I have noticed that some custom checkout modules fail to send the CVV number back to the code – hence, Magento will catch it and throw back the error – the payment module is nowhere in the picture yet.
So, before you panic that your card details are invalid or your Payment Gateway or payment module is not working, confirm that it is not your custom checkout module that is the culprit.
Incoming search terms:
- please enter a valid credit card verification number
- deactivate card verification number magento
- Please enter a valid cvv number
- please enter a valid credit card verification number in magento
- Please enter a valid CC number
- magento saved cc credit card verification
- magento please enter a valid credit card verification number
- magento enable card verification payment
- magento developer please enter a valid credit card number
- magento credit card verification