When you write your content for your website, your goal is to get visitors to learn about your app and want to click the “Buy Now” button that takes them over to the App Store and make them buy. Your product website should be similar in look and feel to the app store product page. A carryover between the two sites will help build buyer confidence in your app and that you are serious about your business. All content on your website should express, convey, and highlight your unique message leaving no doubt in the minds of your customers as to the key values of your app.
These are important points to keep in mind, while making a website:-
- Your content should quickly describe your app at the top of the page.
- Your web content should be as entertaining as possible. Be sure to have a gallery of pictures showcasing your app.
- The website should inform your visitor as to what your app can do.
- You must educate your visitor with FAQ’s and videos. Always have a YouTube video / tutorial demonstrating your app.
- Use highlighted keywords. (Hypertext links serve as one form of highlighting; typeface variations and color are others.)
- Create meaningful subheadings (not “clever” ones).
- Use bulleted lists just like on the App Store
- Write short paragraphs. (Your readers will skip over any additional ideas if they are not caught by the first few words in the paragraph.)
- Use the inverted pyramid style, starting with the conclusion first.
- Descriptive words such as easy fun, fast and exciting are common terms used in searches. Include those in key words
- Add a “Like it” or “Rate it” button and “tell a friend” button.
- Send out an email or post an ad on your website that you are looking for early testers of your app. You can offer them a free version of your app or some other small gifts
- Keep your website updated frequently with the latest features, tips, and promotions.
- Always have your “Buy Now” or “Download App Now” button prominently displayed on your home page, paid version and Lite version buttons should be there.
- Create a structured survey form on your website through a service such as http://surveymonkey.com
Add a form to have email updates.
- Page should target the correct audience. For eg;- if the app is for kids, page back ground etc should be for kids.
Tagged with: Confidence • Descriptive Words • Email • Few Words • Free Version • Friend Button • Hort • Hypertext Links • Inverted Pyramid Style • Key Words • No Doubt • Paragraph • Paragraphs • Promotions • Small Gifts • Variations • Video Tutorial • Web Content • Website Marketing • Youtube Video
Filed under: Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!