- Connect device to the USB.
- Install the device drivers.(Tip: If device fails to install then Install driver Manually. Point the location of driver to <android-sdk-folder>\google-usb_driver. You should have installed the USB driver package for this)
- Finish installing the drivers and restart adb
- adb kill-server
- adb start-server
- Connect the device to wifi or lan
- Type the following command and hit return
adb tcpip 5555
//5555 can be any valid port number. use non-defined ports to prevent conflicts. 5555 is default.
- Now type the following
adb connect 192.168.3.5:5555
//192.168.3.5 is the IP of your device
//to find the ip of your device do the following
//Settings -> Wireless & Networks ->Wi-Fi Settings
//click on the connected Wifi Connection
//Note your IP Address: 192.168.3.5
- adb devices
//now you can see the list of devices connected
- To rever back to normal USB connect the device to usb and run the following command
Incoming search terms:
- adb lan
- /adb devices cocoa
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!