Assuming that you were able to build the demo android application as per my previous posts and add the main.xml with the text box buttons etc., here are the steps to add a text view and write text into it. Open res/layout/main.xml and the WYSIWYG mode drag the TextView control from the left tools column in Eclipse. In the code(XML) view mode you might see something like this.
<TextView android:id="@+id/TextView01" android:layout_below="@+id/AnalogClock01" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:text="@+id/TextView01" android:layout_height="wrap_content"> </TextView>
Notice the id of this control, it is TextView01 in this case.
Now open your main Java class file of the applications activity and add these lines. In any of the methods as per your need.
TextView tv1 = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.TextView01); tv1.setText("Welcome to Schogini!");
Incoming search terms:
- how to add a textview in eclipse
- eclipse android textview
- how to add text to an android application
- how to print in textview in android
- how to write text android developer
- how to write text in textbox in ios
- how to write text in textview in android
- put string into a textview android
- text output android
- write to TextView in Android
Filed under: Android
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!