- Quit Skype
- cd ~/Library/Caches
- sudo rm -fr com.skype.skype
- Start Skype
Incoming search terms:
- blackberry cpu usage mac itunes high
You can use Bootcamp to install install windows OS on a mac machine. Once your system is ready with windows OS and a mac OS, you can switch between the OS using the following methods :
- For the first and the simplest method, restart the Mac and while restarting, press the Alt button on the keyboard. This will bring the option to choose the OS you want to use.
- Another method you can use is using the system preferences. Choose startup disk from the system preferences items. In the window which appears, you will be able to see the partitions and OS installed in the mac. From there choose the partition you want to boot to and click the “Restart…” button. Now your mac will restart with the OS you have selected.
These are the two simple and easy steps to switch OS in dual boot mac.
For re-indexing volumes or folders in a mac, follow the steps given below :
- Goto the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option.
- From the set of spotlight items, click Spotlight to open spot preferences.
- Click the Privacy tab in the resultant window.
- Drag an entire volume or folder to the list or add using the “+” button at the bottom.
- If prompted or confirmation, press the ‘ok’ button and proceed.
- Now remove the item we have just added to the list by selecting the item and pressing the “-” button at the bottom.
- Close spot light preferences.
Now if you open spotlight, you will be able to see that its started re-indexing the files in your mac.
It is possible to open task manager in mac using keyboard shortcut. The keyboard shortcut used for this is :
Alt + Cmd + Esc
It is possible to logout the current logged used in mac using keyboard shortcut. The keyboard shortcut used for this is :
Shift + Cmd + Q
Each push notification payload will contain the following keys in dictionary format : alert, badge and sound.
key : alert
Value Type : string or dictionary
Comment : If this property is included, iOS displays a standard alert. We may specify a string or a dictionary as the value of alert. If we specify a string, it becomes the message text of an alert with two buttons: Close and View. If the user taps View, the application is launched. If the user taps close, the notification will disappear.
key : badge
Value Type : number
Comment : This number will be used to display as the badge of the application icon. If this property is absent, the badge is not changed. To remove the badge, set the value of this property to 0. We can also give the value for this property as string. BUt we have to make sure that there is an integer value for the string we give.
key : sound
Value Type : string
Comment : This represents the name of a sound file in the application bundle of the application. The sound in this file is played as an alert. If the sound file doesn’t exist or default is specified as the value, the default alert sound is played.
We can convert a CLLocation object to a CLLocationCoordinate2D object using the coordinate property of the CLLocation object. This can be done as follows :
Consider a CLLocation object name myLocation. Now we can get the equivalent CLLocationCoordinate2D of myLocation as,
CLLocationCoordinate2D myCoordinate = myLocation.coordinate;
We can obtain the latitude and longitude of a CLLocationCoordinate2D object using its latitude and longitude properties.
double myLatitude = myCoordinate.latitude; // this will give the latitude value of the coordinate
double myLongitude = myCoordinate.longitude;// this will give the longitude value of the coordinate
It is possible to initialize a CLLocation object with a latitude and longitude in Xcode. Consider two float values corresponding to the latitude and longitude value you want to use, as follows :
double your_latitiude_value = 8.391916;
double your_longitude_value = 77.094315;
We can initialize a CLLocation object using these latitude and longitude values as follows :
CLLocation *myLocation = [[CLLocation alloc] initWithLatitude:your_latitiude_value longitude:your_longitude_value];
If we browse some websites in our browser, we can see that some ad pop up windows getting opened. We can use keyboard shortcut to disable these popup window from appearing in mac safari.
The keyboard shortcuts used for this is :
Command + Shift + K
We can use keyboard shortcut to view page source in mac safari.
The keyboard shortcuts used for this is :
Command + Option + U